Our Kindergarten and First Grade Classes Tell Us What They Learned This Year

Our Kindergarten class and our first grade class had the same Enduring Understandings this year. An Enduring Understanding is the big, important, Jewish idea that we want our students to walk away with. The Enduring Understanding for K & 1st grade is:

Jewish holidays provide a unique way of marking time and making it holy and special.

The Bible can teach me a unique Jewish way of viewing the world and making choices in my life.

This is what our student's learned....

















Kindergarten
Ezri - I learned about Abraham. He was the person who started my family.
Jesse - I learned about Jonah and the Whale
Ben - I learned about Moses at Mt. Sinai and the Ten Commandments. I liked when we made Matza.
Samantha - I learned about Purim and Queen Esther. I liked dancing.
Joshua - I learned about Moses when he was a baby. I liked when we made things we could eat!
Mackenzie - I learned about Miriam. I liked the art projects.
Ryan - I learned dancing and about the Ten Commandments
Lee- I learned about Adam and Eve. I like playing hangman
Lauren - I learned about lots of Jewish holidays. I liked playing games.

No comments: